Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Praise Him!

In Chapter 19 of Luke’s gospel, as Jesus began His entrance into Jerusalem, a multitude of disciples began to praise Him. The Pharisee’s were incensed by this display of joyful adulation, and demanded Jesus rebuke His disciples. But the Lord instead responded by admonishing the Pharisees, “I tell you that if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.” Essentially, He was saying that God is due all praise, and if men did not offer this praise, nature would.

Our lives should testify to men of the goodness of God. The Bible condemns luke-warmness, which was apparent in the Pharisees’ response detailed above. This should be especially true as we celebrate this Easter; our praise and worship should be over-flowing and abounding with joy! What a time to praise the Lord and to share Him with others!

I love the hymn, “There is a fountain filled with blood”. The last verse says “Then in a nobler, sweeter song I’ll sing thy power to save. When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.” Although the words of this song cause my heart to swell with emotion when I realize I’ll be singing praises at the foot of the Heavenly throne, they also compel me to worship and praise God with all I have while I live!

God bless you and I’ll see you on Sunday!

Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment