Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Wedding Blues

Last week was a blur of emotions. Three funerals and a wedding. I wear a host of hats in my role as a Pastor but the one I put on Saturday to marry my son was a tight fit.

Of course you're thrilled for your children as they grow into adulthood and find their way while exhibiting the good Christian principles they have been taught. At the same time an event such as this does cause a sense of melancholy when you realize, as in my case, three down and one to go.

The joy of raising Bill was one that I am truly thankful for. All of my kids exhibit different traits. David is fearless; he will look you square in the eye and tell you what he thinks. Beth could run a corporation with her "lets get it done" attitude. Emily has a great positive attitude about life. Bill, his greatest gift is humility. In high school he scored over 1,000 points in basketball and that really wasn't his first love. But it made no difference to him. During his four years in soccer our little school won 3 state titles, yet he was never proud or cocky. Last Saturday was his wedding day and what a day it was. I love his new bride. She was made to be Bill's wife and he her husband. It is, as the saying goes,"A match made in heaven". I'm thrilled with the mates our kids have married.

It's an emotional rollercoaster I'm on, however, it's been a great ride. God bless you, I love you. God is good, Jesus is wonderful.

See ya Sunday!
Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment