Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rollercoasters


I recently went to Six Flags with my speech class. We had a good time. What a great bunch of young people. Against my better judgment, I even rode many of the rollercoasters.

However, that did not prepare me for the rollercoaster of emotions I went through last week. My precious father took sick. He injured his spine a week ago. Within 2 days he became disoriented and began a rapid decline. At present he is unconscious and on a ventilator. The kidney doctor told us he contracted an infection and this is the reason for the decline. So far there is no change, although the doctor said he has seen people in a worse state come out of it.

My Dad is a good man. He loves the Lord and his family. He pastored for most of his life. He has been married to the same woman over 60 years and raised five Christian children.

We all know God is able and we are praying for his recovery. Please pray with me in this regard.

Thank you for your patience. I have had to be there for my Mom and family. It is one of those events you are never prepared for. I will be back in the pulpit on Wednesday evening and Sunday morning.

Please know that I love and appreciate each one of you. May God strengthen each of us for His work! God bless you abundantly is my prayer.

See you Sunday!
Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment