Thursday, May 27, 2010

A while back, while standing in line at the supermarket, my eyes caught the following headline on a newspaper; "World's Most Beautiful Woman Hospitalized". It was an account of Elizabeth Taylor and an illness she was battling. I thought about that for a second and thought, I guess the world has no better candidate. However, God does!

The Bible says "Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised".

I just returned from the memorial services for Mrs. Janet Faulkner. For those of you who did not know her, she is the Mom of our own Sharon Baugher. I had a small part in the service and was humbled to do so. Dear Mrs. Faulkner was absolutely one of the sweetest, kindest, most generous, compassionate people this side of heaven.

I can honestly say it has been my privilege to know her these many years. To say she was a great woman would be an understatement. Only eternity will reveal her meek and quiet spirits' impact on her family and those who knew her.

She had a strong relationship with the Lord. She prayed for me. I'm going to seek the help of others as I will miss her intercession on my behalf.

Mrs. Faulkner, thank you for your kindness extended to me. I could always see Jesus in you. I shall miss your smile, your tender hello, and your warm sense of humor. I can truly say I am a better man for knowing you. Our loss is heaven's gain. Thank you for revealing Jesus in your life. We look forward to the day when we shall see you again. You will be missed - but not forever.

Herbrews 12:1

Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment