Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Love One Another

In John 13 the Lord Jesus said, “A new commandment give I unto thee, that ye love one another.” Now the disciples had been told before to love. However, this time Jesus taught them how to love. He said, “As I have loved you, also love one another, by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples.” You don’t need a lapel pin. You don’t need a bumper sticker. The lost will know you by your love. I am not against lapel pins, or bumper stickers, but the greatest way to witness for Christ is to show His love.

About 200 years ago an encyclopedia wrote an article on love. It took five pages. Many years later that same encyclopedia attempted to describe the atom and it took 4 lines. Recently, a new edition to that encyclopedia left love out altogether and took 5 pages to explain the atom. Jesus said, ”Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will wax cold.” We live in a day of dwindling love and abounding iniquity. Love is hard to explain. It is hard to express. However, you know when it is there.

One place where love is expressed is in the church of the Lord Jesus. What a thrill to attend a church where you are warmly greeted and accepted as a fellow-believer. I tell you there is no lodge, club, or organization that will love you like the folks at a good Bible believing, New Testament church! I am thrilled to be part of this fellowship. Thanks for loving me and accepting my family and myself. I love and appreciate each one of you!
Looking forward to this Sunday!

Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment